12 January, 2017

Brrr... A Frosty Silhouette Tutorial

Britain is in a cold snap at the moment. After such a mild Christmas, it's kinda nice to feel icy. We don't have snow here but maybe tomorrow....

I had the fabulous special kit from Clique Kits. I couldn't resist the adorable little characters and pretty designs. So I scrapped some photos from our last big dump of snow. We had an amazing foot of powdery snow - perfect for igloo building.
DD was in her element in her new snow suit. The colour really pops against all that white ( and perfectly matches the kit!

I cut out a large snowflake on the silhouette. I also created a dotted line outline so that I could easily stitch around the outside.
 Add your shape to your project and keep it selected. Next select the Offset icon. Select Offset (Internal Offset creates the new shape inside the existing shape).
You can use the slide or type in the amount to offset. 0.15 inches worked well for my project. Click Corner then Apply.

Last step is to change the type of cut line. Click the line type icon and then chose the a dotted line. I played it safe with the medium dots but the smaller ones might work depending on the size of your shape. Voila!


It did take a bit of time to sew around the outside but worthwhile.


The cute letters were part of the kit and I added my own bit of fun (Freckled Fawn). I adore the little birdies on the patterned paper which I fussy-cut.



Such adorable images!

Thanks for stopping by.

Morag x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!