27 November, 2016

Hybrid Scrapbooking

I'm just loving autumn leaves right now. They can be dressed up in so many ways. They added a bit of fun and whimsy to quick snapshots of our little puppy.

I used a fabulous little digital collection from Digital Press. The kit by Laura Passage is adorable and on sale at the moment! Bargain. 
One of my favourite ways to use digital kits is to print and cut them out on the Silhoutte.

I love the way you can recolour elements, change their hue or saturation to get different looks.

I also like to crease and fold them so they add more texture and dimension.

Here's a quick tip for those of you who have a Silhouette...
I often take the cute elements that come with a digital kit and trace it for cutting. This normally works great except where the colours are very light or do not have much contrast.
You can see in the yellow where the trace has worked successfully. If I were to outline the above, I'd get a very strange cut indeed! To fix the problem is really simple, but you do need photo editing software such as Photoshop, etc. There are lots of free programs available.
The easiest thing to do is fill a copy of your image with black (see left cup).

Then, when you trace the element there is enough contrast to outline successfully. Just create the outline then drag it over your actual image.


Whilst I'm at it here's a little card I made with another of Laura's kits  Out of this world.
I love the cute little rockets. The colours are just fabulous.

The set makes an ideal card for kids.


Thanks for stopping by.

Morag x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a lovely comment - it is most appreciated!